Saturday 21 September 2019

Image result for woman on a winged horse


Tell Me When Will You Return.

But where is the soul
that wants to be carried away by the wind?
The wind has a dance of its own
as when it disappears.
My soul is in your hands
until it becomes visible, a beacon.
I thought I heard your voice tonight
when I rested my head
on the pillow of my mind.
You told me that it was a dream
when I was soundly sleeping
but even the minds wants to be carried away
on its silver steed.
And then you dress yourself in smoke
and reach out
like the cloud of the unknown.
Last time I tried to touch your penumbra
but was severely stung.
Tell me when will you return
I place myself between you and the moon
and hold forth a torch of happiness
as a token between your tenderness and my fire.
In the meantime I shall learn to write
a better poem.
Tell me when will you return
so I can hold a vigil.

Alfred Grech
21-09-2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment